Friday, September 19, 2008
Try this fresh smoothie recipe....a nice one !
* 2 bananas, chilled
* 2/3 cup strawberries or mango slices
* 1 12-ounce can grape juice or mango, apricot, strawberry, or other fruit nectar, chilled
* 1 8-ounce carton fat-free yogurt
* 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
* 2 tablespoons ground pistachio nuts (optional)
In a blender combine bananas, strawberries or mango slices, grape juice or fruit nectar, yogurt, and, if desired, honey. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into six tall, chilled glasses. If desired, sprinkle with ground pistachio nuts. Makes 6 smoothies.
Note: For two-tone smoothies, make mango smoothies and strawberry smoothies. Transfer to separate pitchers or glass measuring cups. Taking a pitcher or cup in each hand, slowly pour both smoothies at the same time into opposite sides of the glass...great tasting smoothies..enjoy !